Introduction of stainless steel lifting ring nuts
1. Uniform corrosion: Due to the chromium content (22%), molybdenum (3%) and nitrogen content (0.18%) of 2205 dual-phase steel, the corrosion resistance of 2205 is better than that of 316L and 317L in most environments.
2. Local corrosion resistance: The content of chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen in 2205 dual-phase steel makes it highly resistant to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion in oxidizing and acidic solutions.
3. Stress corrosion resistance: The duplex microstructure of 2205 duplex steel helps to improve the stress corrosion cracking resistance of stainless steel. Chloride stress corrosion occurs in austenitic stainless steel in the presence of a certain temperature, strain, oxygen and chloride. Since these conditions are not easy to control, the use of 304L, 316L and 317L is limited in this regard.
4. Corrosion fatigue resistance: The high strength and corrosion resistance of 2205 dual-phase steel make it have high corrosion fatigue strength. Processing equipment is susceptible to corrosive environments and loading cycles, and the characteristics of 2205 are very suitable for such applications.
1. Hot forming: We recommend that forming should be carried out below the temperature of 600 ° F as much as possible. When hot forming, the entire workpiece should be heated as a whole and should be carried out in the temperature range of 1750 ° F to 2250 ° F. 2205 dual-phase steel is very soft at this temperature. If the temperature is too high, 2205 dual-phase steel is prone to hot tearing. Below this temperature, austenite will fracture. Below 1700 ° F, intermetallic phases will form quickly due to the influence of temperature and deformation. Immediately after hot forming, it should be melt annealed to a minimum of 1900 ° F and quenched to restore its phase balance, toughness, and corrosion resistance. We do not recommend stress relief, but if this is necessary, the material should be melt annealed to a minimum of 1900 ° F, then rapidly cooled for water quenching.
2. Cold forming: 2205 dual-phase steel can be cut and cold formed. However, due to the high strength and hardness of 2205 dual-phase steel itself, it needs cold forming more than austenitic steel, and because of its high strength, the springback factor should be fully considered.
3. Heat treatment: 2205 dual-phase steel should be annealed at a minimum temperature of 1900 ° F, then rapidly cooled for water quenching. This treatment should be used for solid-melt annealing and stress relief. Stress relief treatments at temperatures below 1900 ° F can easily lead to the precipitation of harmful metal or non-metal phases.
4. Mechanical cutting performance: On a high-speed machine tool, the feed rate and cutting speed of 2205 dual-phase steel are the same as 316L. If a carbonized knife is used, the cutting speed is reduced by about 20% compared with 316L, and the performance of machinery and equipment and its components plays a key role here.
5. Welding: The weldability of 2205 alloy is very good. The performance to be achieved by 2205 dual-phase steel is that the welded metal and thermally modified parts still maintain the same corrosion resistance, strength and toughness as the base metal. The welding of 2205 dual-phase steel is not difficult, but the welding procedure needs to be designed so that after welding, a good phase balance can be maintained and the precipitation of harmful metal phases or non-metal phases can be avoided.